World Bicycle Relief UK Privacy Statement
Last Updated: September 2017
Who we are
World Bicycle Relief UK is a Registered Charity (approved by the UK Charity Commission in April 2011) and its charity number is 1141613.
Why we may collect your data
You may at times be asked to supply personal information via the World Bicycle Relief website. Personal information is anything that enables us to identify you in some way, such as your name and an email address.
If you supply such information, we are legally bound by the Data Protection Act 1998 to ensure that such information is only used for the purpose for which it was requested and also to ensure that the data is held securely.
We may collect and record information in order for us to understand more about how our site is used and in turn to make sure that the site reflects your needs. To do this we may send cookies to your PC.
A cookie is a small file that contains information that allows us to recognise that you have used the site before, but will not contain any other personal data.
If you do not want cookies to be stored on your PC it is possible to disable this function within your browser by setting your browser to “Block third party cookies”. This may affect your experience of navigation on our website.
We may use the personal information that you provide to us in a number of ways:
- To provide you with information or services that you have requested from us or that we feel may be of interest to you where you have consented to being contact
- To provide you with information about our work or activities where you have received communications from us
- To invite you to participate in interactive features on our website
- To process donations received from you
- To fundraise
- For administrative purposes (for example responding to a query made or details of event participation)
- For internal record keeping relating to any donations, fund raising activities or complaints
- To invite you to participate in voluntary surveys or research
- To contact you where you are identified as the contact person for a group of fundraisers, such as a corporate or school fundraiser
- To analyse the personal information about you and use publicy available information to better understand your interests, preferences and level of potential donations so that we can contact you in the most appropriate way
- Where it is required or authorised by law or regulation
In order to process Direct Debit, Credit Card or other financial transactions we have teamed with Stripe, Braintree and iATS to ensure our donors will receive great service and so that they can have complete confidence given their strong, secure online donation systems.
Requests for information
If you make a request for further information via the World Bicycle Relief website, the data will only be retained on the Web Servers as long as necessary in order to respond to your query. We have teamed with Zendesk and Hubspot as our inquiry management systems to handle website information requests to keep user data secure.
The World Bicycle Relief website may include links to other sites, not owned or managed by the World Bicycle Relief UK. We cannot be held responsible for the privacy of data collected by websites not managed by World Bicycle Relief UK.
Who we share information with
World Bicycle Relief UK does not rent or sell mailing details to any third party. However, World Bicycle Relief UK will send information about World Bicycle Relief UK supporters to other World Bicycle Relief entities outside the UK and EU for the purposes of internal record keeping and analysis. We will never add your name to another organization's database.
World Bicycle Relief UK may from time to time need to use the services of an Internet Provider. For financial or technical reasons these may be sited outside of the European
Economic Area. Use of data by the Internet Service Provider on behalf of World Bicycle Relief UK is regulated and safeguarded by specific procedures to comply with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998.
Users under 18
If you use this site for information about fundraising, campaigning or supporting the work of World Bicycle Relief UK, please let an adult know.
Access to your information
You may request a copy of any personal information that the World Bicycle Relief has about you. Please write to World Bicycle Relief UK, 18 Lytton Grove, London SW15 2HA. World Bicycle Relief UK does not make a charge for supplying this information and will reply within 30 days of receipt of your request. It will help us to locate your records more easily if you can tell us something about the nature of your contact with World Bicycle Relief UK.