Last Modified: September 20, 2016
This policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of this Website after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates.
1. INFORMATION COLLECTION
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about our donors and users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, photographic image financial account information, billing information (“personal information”);
- that is about you individually but does not identify you, such as information about your employment and/or volunteer history; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details, such as your Internet Protocol address and other identifiers, browser type, Internet Service Provider, referring/exiting pages, operating system and date and time of access.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us via this Website or by telephone, fax, e-mail, in-person or any other means of transmittal. For example, you may provide us with information in connection with:
- your donation to us (either directly or through a local fundraiser);
- your release of your photographic image to us in connection with a donation you have made;
- your purchase of merchandise from us;
- your creation of a user profile on our Website;
- your completion of forms on our Website;
- your participation in our events or programs (by volunteering, fundraising, sponsorship, etc.);
- your submittal to us of survey responses, complaints, testimonials, or other correspondence; and
- your registration to receive our newsletters and other materials.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website or use the W-Fi connections provided in our offices or at our events, including information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, such as our partners, market analysis firms, and other service providers or affiliated organizations or businesses.
2. AUTOMATIC DATA COLLECTION
The technologies we use for automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or [opened an email] and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Information collected automatically may include:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website; and
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
3. INFORMATION USE
We will never sell your personal information to a third party.
The information we collect is necessary for us to conduct our operations and to respond to you in a manner consistent with our relationship with you. For example, we use your information to:
- Determine your eligibility to participate in our programs and services;
- Notify you of products and events based on your past participation;
- Share our calendar of events and programs;
- Provide updates on our operations;
- Administer your account, including the acceptance, confirmation and delivery of your orders; and billing and collecting for products you order;
- Respond to inquiries, comments or complaints; and
- Send you announcement and administrative messages.
If you do not wish to receive communications sent to you by email, you may opt-out by following the instructions in the email. You may also contact us anytime at email@example.com to unsubscribe from our mailing list or change your subscriptions.
4. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
This means that we do share your information with our employees, volunteers, officers, and members.
We do not disclose any portion of your information with third parties that they do not need in order to fulfill their contractual duties to us.
In certain circumstances, that are not part of our regular operations, we may disclose your information to a third party when we have reason to believe that it is necessary to do so in order to:
- Detect and protect you or us from fraud or theft;
- Manage information security;
- Bring legal action to protect your rights or our rights or the rights of others;
- Comply with your written request that we share your information; or
- Comply with a court order, subpoena, warrant or law.
5. WE DO NOT CONTROL THE WEBSITES LINKED THROUGH OUR SITE
We may provide links to our partners’ website or other websites on our Website for purposes of providing information and services to you. Those websites may collect information from you. You might submit information to those websites. We do not endorse or control any websites linked on our Website and we are not familiar with their information collection and protection procedures. If you have any questions about the privacy policies or data security with respect to other websites, you should refer to those websites directly.
6. DATA SECURITY
When we collect your information directly from you, we follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. We maintain administrative, physical and technical and safeguards such as encryption, password protected access and firewalls. We update and test our security technology on an ongoing basis.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website (for example, by creating a user profile), you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
7. ACCESSING OR UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION; OPTING-OUT
You may correct, update, or remove your personal information or opt out of some or all of the communications we send by visiting your account page and altering your account information yourself, by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or communicating with us as indicated in the “Contact Us” section below.
We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
8. CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age without parental consent and supervision. We do not target our offerings toward, and do not knowingly collect, any personal information from users under 13 years of age, unless a parent has consented in writing to the child’s use of our Website and to our collection of certain information from the child. We will not require a child under the age of 13 to provide more information than is reasonably necessary to participate in our activities. Parents may review their child’s personal information, ask to have it deleted and refuse to allow any further collection or use of their child’s information. A parent wishing to do so should contact us as indicated in the “Contact Us” section below.
9. PUBLIC AREAS OF OUR WEBSITE
Our Website offers publicly accessible blogs, social networking access and community forums (“Community Areas”). You should be aware that any information you provide in the Community Areas may be read, collected and used by others, including members of the public who access those postings. You are responsible for maintaining the security of the personal information you post in the Community Areas. We have no obligation to monitor the Community Areas.
We may review materials posted to a Community Area and to remove any materials in our sole discretion. We may also refuse to edit or remove materials in our sole discretion.
We may terminate your access to any or all of the Community Areas at any time without notice for any reason whatsoever.
10. CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us as indicated in the “Contact Us” section below.
11. CONTACT US
World Bicycle Relief
1000 West Fulton Market, 4th Floor Chicago, IL 60607
+1 312 664 3836